Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Honda Original Remote Starter

  1. #1

    Default Honda Original Remote Starter

    What I haven't been able to figure out is the following:

    CRV is locked, Start CRV with remote starter
    CRV is now warm, time to get in CRV and go to work
    unlock CRV with remote starter FOB, CRV stop
    unlock CRV with key .. CRV stops
    CRV remote no longer works ...

    Shouldn't you just be able to unlock CRV with remote (any one) put key in, turn to on position and drive away ...

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goose86 View Post
    What I haven't been able to figure out is the following:

    CRV is locked, Start CRV with remote starter
    CRV is now warm, time to get in CRV and go to work
    unlock CRV with remote starter FOB, CRV stop
    unlock CRV with key .. CRV stops
    CRV remote no longer works ...

    Shouldn't you just be able to unlock CRV with remote (any one) put key in, turn to on position and drive away ...
    I didn't know Honda had a remote start?

    You sure it is not a dealer install aftermarket?
    02 CRV
    03 Pilot
    07 MB E350
    73 914

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N_Jay View Post
    I didn't know Honda had a remote start?

    You sure it is not a dealer install aftermarket?

    Very sure .. dealer told me they just got these in early January .. very cool unit with LCD with status display info and programmed to work with existing keyless remote

  4. #4
    Moderator HondaSUV Elder liquidfuel88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    14,840

    Default

    uhh...where are you located?

    Honda has never had a remote start system in any of their cars in the US.

    esp. since you say it has a LCD display info, it's most definately an aftermarket starter
    David
    173,454 miles on 1/17/11 ---The End---



    Euro Bumper | In-Dash Navigation | Webasto Sunroof | Photo Gallery

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidfuel88 View Post
    uhh...where are you located?

    Honda has never had a remote start system in any of their cars in the US.

    esp. since you say it has a LCD display info, it's most definately an aftermarket starter
    Located in Canada, and this is definitely not aftermarket .. HONDA HONDA HONDA . .full 3 year warranty on the remote system WOW .. a CDN first and I thought we were always 2 years behind our neighbours to the south

  6. #6
    Senior Member HondaSUV Mentor barbecuesauce99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Long Island,New York
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    can you post the pictures of that remote? front and back?
    I remember seeing you are not able to lock or unlock with the original remote with remote starting somewhere in Japanese honda website.
    JDM has the original remote starter as option.
    2006 CR-V SE Pewter

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbecuesauce99 View Post
    can you post the pictures of that remote? front and back?
    I remember seeing you are not able to lock or unlock with the original remote with remote starting somewhere in Japanese honda website.
    JDM has the original remote starter as option.
    Nope, would gladly take some pics, but this is my wife's CRV .. its gone to work with her ..

    http://www.honda.ca/HondaCA2006/Buil...e=CR-V&yr=2007 go here, Select Accessories and you will see the option for Honda remote .. this should eliminate skepticism about being aftermarket

    And keyless remote still works as long as remote starter isn't running ..

    Cheers
    Last edited by goose86; 01-29-2007 at 07:33 AM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Check out the price. Yikes.
    Last edited by bumpzter; 11-21-2007 at 06:16 PM.

  9. #9

    Default Remote starter OEM CR-V

    I test drove a CR-V in Montreal the other day and I saw that LCD screen remote starter. That price includes installation, which we all know is 200-300% profit, just look at other accessories at the Canadian site (fog lights, splash guards, etc...)

    Do you have a part number on the remote starter ?

    It would be amazing if US accessory sites could get their hands on this....

    I will contact collegehillshonda to see if they can find out....

  10. #10
    Junior Member HondaSUV junior in training Satellite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    22

    Honda Post Icon Honda remote starter/security system

    It's about 400-450$CAD (300-350$US) without installation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1997 Honda CR-V, 180000km

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •